Some people try to reach perfection every single time while some other are looking for easy and efficient solutions. Definitely, I’m part of the second group!
For my Christmas cookies this year, I was inspired by a cute fabric. Once again , I’ve chosen a color palette less traditional than what you usually see during the Holidays. Today, I’m presenting a simple tutorial to decorate cookie lollipops .
You will need:
- Circular cookie cutter or a glass
- Lollipop sticks or wooden skewers
- Edible marker
- Royal Icing ( at least two different colors )
- Sanding sugar (optional)
1. Cut circles in your cookie dough. Before you bake them, press a lollipop stick into the dough. It doesn’t matter if the stick pops out, you will fix it later with icing.
2. Once the cookies are baked and have cooled , draw a swirl with an edible marker.
3. Using colored royal icing, fill one of the two sections of the swirl.
4. Once the first color has dried , cover the remaining portion of the cookie with an other color.
5. Immediately sprinkle sanding sugar on your cookie.
6. Then, wait until the icing completly dry before brushing off the excess of sugar.
A nice and easy project, just in time for the Holidays !